Sunday, December 12, 2010

WK4 PUBLISHING LEADERSHIP PROJECT



I teach in Fillmore, California, which is part of the Ventura County Office of Education.  I would like to be a part of a local Computer Using Educators (CUE) chapter to find other local teachers who are integrating technology into their curricula.  Once I complete my master’s at Full Sail University I will need to find other teachers who can help me with technical support, policy issues, and implementation of new Web 2.0 tools.  My contribution will be a presentation in September of 2011.  It will be great to be a part of a team of educators who want to integrate tech tools into the curriculum. 



I hope to prepare a presentation that members of CUE statewide will find useful and present it at the state conference in Palm Springs in October of 2011.  That will give me this school year to test out more cell phone and other media projects with my current students and add to my current data.  It will also give me an opportunity to implement my LMS and see how that works out.  Having all the blogs in a private classroom in one place is an essential component to the success of the LMS.  It will also give me the summer to improve my presentation.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! You really seem to be ahead of the game here. I think it’s great that you want to be part of finding fellow teachers around you who are integrating technology into their curriculum. It opens the door to many opportunities for wonderful collaboration and you have individuals who can help each other out. Using the school year to test out more media projects will definitely provided you with more accurate results. The more results you have, the bigger the impact. I think it’s a great idea to utilize your summer to perfect your presentation with your newfound data. The more familiar you are with what you are presenting, the easier it is to do when you’re on stage. I hope you are able to present at the state conference in Palm Springs of October 2011. Best of luck Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie,

    It's great to see you actively trying to implement change into the system. How wonderful to put your AR into "Action". I'm impressed by your bravery and dedication to educating the educators whom are mostly "digital immigrants.

    ReplyDelete